Erika is a Chartered Mediator, Conflict Coach and certified Consultant in Workplace Mediation. She is President of D&A | Deines & Associates, a dispute resolution (DR) service provider, registered in Alberta and B.C.
Over the past seventeen years, Erika has been mediator and co-mediator for several hundred mediations of commercial nature, nonprofit board and staff issues, as well as family, divorce and parent-teen matters, and has facilitated municipal bylaw task forces, town hall meetings for community developments, conducted PADRs (preliminary alternative-DR meetings) for landowners in dispute with the energy sector, and consumer complaints for the Better Business Bureau. She is also a Registered Family Mediator and Certified Divorce Financial Analyst.
Erika was hired by Alberta Justice to establish three Court annexed mediation programs: the Court of Queen's Bench civil mediation pilot program in Lethbridge and the Provincial Court Small Claims mediation programs in Lethbridge and in Medicine Hat.
More recently Erika has been an Executive Director and co-facilitated the organizational transition from charitable status (Alberta Arbitration and Mediation Society) to the new not-for-profit ADR Institute of Alberta. At the same time she coordinated the design of the national 40-hour mediation and arbitration programs being released in 2015.
She is also an associate faculty member at Royal Roads University, teaching an online program for advanced mediators, Facilitation Skills for Online Mediation.
Erika offers a unique blend of services around
- Mindsight®-based mediation & facilitation services (mindfulness and insight focused)
- Workplace Fairness® dispute resolution analysis & system design,
- Integrated communication, negotiation and mediation training (neuroscience based);
- Solution-focused conflict coaching, pre- and post-negotiation and mediation coaching
- Words That Change Minds™ practitioner and trainer - profiling for language and behavior patterns (LAB Profile)
- Your Brain At Work© Mediator and Coach professional development
- Mental Health First Aid certified